Lubricants are prepared by mixing additives into lubricating oil base stock (or simply called "base oil" or "lube oil"). Spent lubricants i.e. used oil has the following composition:
True Recycling (Re-refining) of used lubricating oil means separating the "Lube Oil" from everything else in the diagram above and purifying it to meet International Standards. In short, recover and purify base oil.
Filtering used oil to remove solids or drying used oil so it burns better is NOT recycling!
- Environment friendly process
- Lower capital investment
- Low utility cost
- Low operating and maintenance cost
- No fire and explosion hazard
- No additional fuel requirement
- No sophisticated vacuum system
- No secondary heating system required