HELP is eco-friendly decontamination & recycling facility for contaminated waste packing material Barrels, Drums, carboys, Bottles, Bags, Boxes, Liners, Tins, tanks etc made up of any material generated from industrial units.
- This facility is located at Block no. 135/1, Kajipura, National Highway No. 8, Tal. and Dist: Kheda.
- The total area of premises is 12150 sq. yards.
- There is no habitation in nearby area, hence the location is suitable for this type of industrial unit.
- Fly ash bricks/pucca roads are provided all along the premises
- This facility has provided captive registered vehicles for collection of contaminated waste packing material generated from industrial units
- The trained manpower with requisite Personal Protective Equipment is deputed for handling the material
- The multi-copy manifest system is adopted for collection, transportation and disposal of waste packing material
- Approximate 6000 sq. yards area is allocated specifically for storage of contaminated packing material
- The covered sheds with pucca flooring are provided with separate space allocated for each type of waste packing material
- For decontamination, different processes adopted for different types of containers, based on Material of construction and contaminants it may contain
- As the decontamination for each type of containers is specific, automated process cannot be adopted. Separate process is described as below
- MS barrels/drums
- Plastic barrels/carboys
- Miscellaneous containers like tins, cans, bottles, bags, liners etc
- Corrugated boxes and drums
Safety & Occupational Health :
- Safety slogans are displayed at several locations within the premises
- All workers are equipped with Personal Protective Equipment like;
- Hand Gloves
- Safety Goggles
- Safety Shoes/Gum Boot
- First-Aid kit is provided and maintained on regular basis
- Health check up are carried out regularly
Management of Efuent -1 :
- To treat the wastewater generated from decontamination activity, the ETP is installed with the physico-chemical, tertiary treatment facilities followed by Multiple Effect Evaporator to attain ZERO DISCHARGE.
- The physico-chemical treatment involves Oil & Grease Removal, neutralization with coagulant
- The tertiary treatment involves Pressure Sand Filtration and Activated Carbon Filtration
Management of Efuent-2 :
- The outlet of the Effluent Treatment Plant is stored in Holding tank before evaporation.
- The Multiple Effect Evaporator is provided for evaporation of treated wastewater
- The condensate of MEE is stored in separate tank and used for decontamination
- The drain/Sludge from MEE is dried in Sludge Drying beds and finally disposed off to TSDF site of NEPL
Environmental Laboratory Set up :
- For day to day analysis of wastewater, the environmental laboratory with required lab equipment has been provided
- Following equipment have been provided
- BOD Incubator
- COD Digester
- Muffle Furnace
- pH meter
- Hot Air oven
- Magnetic stirrer
Management of Decontaminated packing material :
- After decontamination of any packing material like drum/carboy/barrel etc, the same is supplied to similar type of industrial units for further use
- Due care is taken that this type of packing material is not supplied for any domestic purpose
Environmental Laboratory Set up :
The facility is committed for environmental concerns. this concern is fulfilled by developing green belt within the premises